This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Walla Walla County, Washington (U.S.)

Last modified: 2012-07-07 by rick wyatt
Keywords: walla walla county | washington |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Flag of Walla Walla County, Washington] image by António Martins-Tuválkin, 17 February 2004

Known Flag - indicates flag is known.
No Known Flag - indicates it is reported that there is no known flag.

Municipal flags in Walla Walla County:

See also:

Description of the flag

A dark blue flag with a large state map on white; on it, the county territory is filled in bright green with a white five-pointed star on it. Sprinkled across the state map, representations of local landmarks and resources:

  • A rainbow hot air balloon, over the Olympian Peninsula
  • a mountain landscape in blue and white on approx. Lewis, Yakima, Skamania and Klickitat counties (the Blue Mountains)
  • grapes, vine leaves and wine bottle, NW-wards from Chelan county
  • a horse taming scene, perhaps a statue, in shades of grey, placed on Okanogan and Douglas counties
  • a bundle of four wheat ears, on Stevens county
  • a 19th cent. cannon, mostly on the south of Grant county
  • and a pair of onions, on Adams and Whitman counties.
Above the map, in white curved lettering set in non slanted cursive, the words "Walla Walla County", and below the map, set in a very different type, also in white, "Established 1854".

Joe McMillan, 17 February 2004

This flag was was created by Janice Mason, who won an official competition. Approximate ratio is 3:5.
António Martins-Tuválkin, 22 May 2004

Former (?) Flag of Walla Walla County

[Former (?) Flag of Walla Walla County, Washington] image by Jens Pattke, 4 May 2001
Source: "Welcome to Washington", 2nd edition by Clem Buckley and Jim Bruner (c) 1998 Jim Bruner, Publisher ISBN: 0-9628251-1-5.

Falko Schmidt, 4 May 2001

The former flag shows a circular emblem on a white ~3:5 background. It reads "Walla Walla County" above and "Established 1854" below, set in black sans serif capitals. The emblem is divided in four quadrants, each featuring a local landmark or resource symbol:

  • NW: light blue mountain-scape,
  • NE: a sheaf (or garb?!) of wheat,
  • SE: an obelisk or pillory,
  • SW: three onions.
António Martins-Tuválkin, 22 May 2004