Last modified: 2014-05-23 by rick wyatt
Keywords: texas | fort bend county |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Rob Raeside, 5 April 2014
- indicates flag is known.
- indicates it is reported that there is no known flag.
Municipal flags in Fort Bend County:
Named for the river bend where colonists settled.
County Seat: Richmond Area: 876 square miles Pop. (2000): 354,452
Fort Bend County, Texas, has redesigned the county flag: www.fbherald.com/news/article_30db793a-2f11-11e0-b581-001cc4c03286.html:
"Fort Bend County is getting a redesigned flag after being unanimously decided by the commissioners at Tuesday afternoon's meeting in the Travis Building. The newly designed flag features two blue borders with a white background. Inside of a red-bordered blue circle is a log cabin, which is over a white star with the green-leaf wreath similar to the original flag."
Valentin Poposki, 10 February 2011
"Commissioners Court adopted a modernized County flag originally designed in 1980 by Lamar High School Student, Jeff Siptak. The flag carries the year 1822, which is the year that the first settlers landed in FBC. It depicts sheaves of
wheat that signified the agricultural heritage of the County, at that time, and a log cabin representing the original cabin built by the settlers upon their arrival. The patriotic colors of red, white and blue accent our nation's colors with a classic Texas lone star set in the background".
Valentin Poposki, 13 April 2011
image by David Pawson, 25 March 2006
In 1980 the Fort Bend Historical Commission sponsored a contest to design a flag for the county. The guidelines stipulated that the flag reflect the history of Fort Bend County.
Jeff Siptak, a high school student, created the design chosen by the judges. A yellow log cabin represents the early settlement of the county and is superimposed upon a dark blue Texan Lone Star. Green sheaves of wheat signify the agricultural wealth of the county. The date 1822, in brown, commemorates the arrival of the first settlers. The flag was adopted by the Commissioners' Court on 12 May 1980.
Valentin Poposki, 25 March 2006