Last modified: 2012-03-30 by rick wyatt
Keywords: darke county | ohio |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image located at The Flag Lady's Flag Store by Phil Nelson, 9 November 2003
- indicates flag is known.
- indicates it is reported that there is no known flag.
Municipal flags in Darke County:
A white flag with a blue disk displaying a public building, surrounded by a ring of gold stars, and below a red ribbon with the name HISTORIC DARKE COUNTY, and an airplane and blockhouse(?).
Phil Nelson, 9 November 2003
The center circle of this white flag shows the Darke County Courthouse and the date the county was organized, 1817. On the red banner below, a quill pen and calumet pipe remind us of the Treaty of Greenville in 1789. This important document was signed at Fort Greenville. Each of the 20 yellow stars are marked with the names and dates of a township. Mary Profitt designed this flag, and it was adopted on June 19, 2002. Darke County was named after Gen. William Darke of
the Revolutionary War.
Located by Valentin Poposki, 26 September 2007