Last modified: 2013-12-02 by ian macdonald
Keywords: prince | rajawong yai | garuda | disc (yellow) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Calvin Paige Herring and Eugene Ipavec
From the Singha Beer source:
This dark blue flag [identical to th-r-opr.gif above] was one metre square with a yellow circle in the center, the diameter of which was half the width of the flag itself. In the middle of circle stoods a red garuda.
The flag was first used in B.E.2453 [1910 AD] during the reign of King Rama VI, following a special Royal Decree R.S.129 pertaining to their use which divided the flags into two types: the Rajawong Yai and the Rajawong Noi. When flown from the main mast of a ship, the Rajawong Yai denotes the presence on board of the princes of royal blood on an official visit. Currently known as the "Rajawong Fai Na", the flag is used for the Prince or the Brothers of His Majesty the King.
Santiago Dotor, 27 Oct 1999