This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Moravče (Municipality, Slovenia)

Last modified: 2010-11-06 by ivan sache
Keywords: moravce | tower (red) | fleur-de-lis (blue) | tower (white) | fleur-de-lis (red) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Flag of Moravce]       [Vertical flag]

Flag of Moravče, horizontal and vertical (unconfirmed) versions - Images by Željko Heimer, 8 January 2002

See also:

Presentation of Moravče

The municipality of Moravče (4,852 inhabitants; 61 sq. km) was formed in 1995, seceding from Domžale.
The municipality of Moravče is made of the local communities of Moravče (including the villages of Moravče, Češnjice pri Moravőah, Dole pri Kraščah, Drtija, Dvorje, Gaberje pod Limbarsko goro, Gorica, Hrastnik, Imenje, Limbarska gora, Mošenik, Negastrn, Podstran, Pogled, Prikrnica, Rudnik pri Moravčah, Selce pri Moravčah, Serjuče, Soteska pri Moravčah, Spodnja Dobrava, Straža pri Moravčah, Sveti Andrej, Vinje pri Moravčah, Zalog pri Moravčah and Zgornja Dobrava), Dešen, Peče (incl. Gora pri Pečah, Peče, Ples, Zgornje Koseze, Pretrž, Križate and Podgorica pri Pečah), Velika vas (incl. Hrib nad Ribčami, Katarija and Zalog pri Kresnicah) and Vrhpolje (incl. Dole pod Sveto Trojico, Selo pri Moravčah, Stegne, Goričica pri Moravčah, Spodnji Tuštanj, Zgornji Tuštanj, Vrhpolje pri Moravčah, Spodnja Javorčica and Zgornja Javorčica).
The German name of Moravče was Liliemberg, so the coat of arms is canting (from Lilien-burg, the town of the lily). As in many other cases, Slovene local names were not used officially until 1918, when they were gradually introduced, but mostly forbidden during the Second World War, to be again reintroduced in 1945.

Ivan Sache & Željko Heimer, 6 April 2009

Municipal flag of Moravče

The flag and coat of arms of Moravče are prescribed by Decision Odlok o grbu in zastavi Občine Moravče, adopted by the Municipal Council on 26 November 1997 and published on 2 December 1997 in the local gazette Uradni vestnik 7/1997.

The symbols were designed by Valt Jurečič of Heraldika d.o.o. and Heraldica Slovenica, who kindly provided drawings from which the images shown on this page were made.

The flag of Moravče is rectangular, in proportions 2:5, vertically divided blue-white-blue, the middle white field being square and containing the attributes from the coat of arms, that is the red tower from which is rising the fleur-de-lis.

Željko Heimer & Ivan Sache, 6 April 2009

Coat of arms of Moravče

[Coat of arms of Moravce]

Coat of arms of Moravče - Image by Željko Heimer, 8 January 2002

The coat of arms of Moravče can be blazoned as "Argent on a mount vert a tower embattled gules from which is issuing a semi fleur-de-lis azure gorged or and fleury of diamonds gules".

The colour specifications are given for the coat of arms as follows:
- Yellow: Pantone 109;
- Yellow (border of the shield): Pantone 1225;
- Green: Pantone 355;
- Blue: Pantone 300;
- Red: Pantone 185:
- Black: Pantone black.

Željko Heimer & Ivan Sache, 6 April 2009

Local community of Moravče

[Flag of Moravce]       [Coat of arms]

Flag and coat of arms of the former local community of Moravče - Images by Željko Heimer, 8 January 2002

The local community of Moravče, then part of Domžale, adopted a flag and arms in 1994. The symbols are precribed by Decision Sklep o grbu, zastavi in pečatu Krajevne skupnosti Moravče, adopted on 17 June 1994 and published on 12 August 1994 in the Slovene official gazette Uradni List Republike Slovenije, 50/1994.
Moravče became a municipality in 1995. I guess the local community flag was then used until the adoption of the new municipal symbols in 1997.

Article 3 of the Decision describes the flag as follows:

Flag - in original - measures 800 x 2400 mm. At its bottom end there is a cutout measuring 400 x 200 mm. The flag is divided down the middle into upper red and lower yellow colors.
The arms are centered with respect to width and height. The arms of Moravče are in same proportions as the flag, such that the upper edge of the arms reaches 1/2 the width of the flag.

Article 2 of the Decision describes the coat of arms as follows:

In the middle of the shield in yellow color there is drawn a red stylized line on a white castle tower, standing on a green triple hill. The shield is bordered in red.

As shown on a black-and-white drawing pat of the Decision, the coat of arms is quite similar to the current one; the main differences are in the masoning of the tower and the base, which is made of three mounts. Most important, the colours are quite different and specified as follows:
- Yellow (field): RAL 1018;
- Red (lily and the border of the shield): RAL 2002;
- Green: RAL 6001

Ivan Sache & Eugene Ipavec, 26 June 2010