Last modified: 2010-11-06 by ivan sache
Keywords: destrnik | village |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Municipal flag of Destrnik, horizontal and vertical versions - Image by Željko Heimer, 6 January 2006
The municipality of Destrnik was formed in 1998 by division of the municipality Destrnik-Trnovska vas, itself formed in 1995. To the best of my knowledge, the joint municipality did not adopt any symbols for the short period of its existence.
Željko Heimer, 20 December 2003
The flag and coat of arms of Destrnik are prescribed by Decision Odlok o uporabi grba in zastave Občine Destrnik, adopted by the Municipal Council on 10 May 1999, and published on 28 May 2009 in the official Slovene gazette Uradni list Republike Slovenije, 4/1999.
Tednik, 8 July 1999, reports the celebration of the first Municipal Day in Destrnik on 4 July 1999 as follows:
The central events on the celebration of the Destrnik municipality day started with the Sunday mass that was followed by a celebration. After the speech of mayor Franc Puksič the new flag of Destrnik was hoisted for the first time, and the new coat of arms was presented. The new yellow-green flag was also given to all chairmen of local councils, and the flags were hoisted on that day throughout the municipality. As a part of the celebrations the municipality awards were also presented [...]
The flag is in proportions 2:5, horizontally divided yellow-green with the municipal coat of arms set in the yellow stripe near the hoist. The height of the coat of arms is 35% of the flag width; the coat of arms is centered on the line matching the first fifth of the length of the flag. The border around the coat of arms shall be 1/85 of the height of the coat of arms.
The colours are prescribed as:
- Yellow: HKS 3
- Green: HKS 65
- Red: HKS 13
For the vertical display, a slightly different flag is used, with the coat of arms contered in the flag and rotated accordingly. Stanič & Jakopič [j2s05] report that the vertical flag is used along the roads entering the municipality.
Željko Heimer, 25 June 2010
Coat of arms of Destrnik - Image by Željko Heimer, 6 January 2006
The coat of arms of Destrnik is "Or on a base vert a village argent roofed gules".
Stanič & Jakopič [j2s05] explain that the church shown on the coat of arms is the St. Urban church, built in 1518 on the site of a previous chapel devoted to the same saint and already mentioned in 1100. The late Romanesque church was baroquized in 1768 and added to it in 1888. The place was still known as Sveti Urban in the 18th century and was an important center of culture.
Željko Heimer, 6 January 2006