Last modified: 2011-02-05 by editor unassigned
Keywords: dygowo |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
First mentioned in 1276.
In 1334 - in possession of the Bishop of Kamień, later sold to the Bisphoric of Kołobrzeg.
1880 - neo-roman, brick church was built.
Village has a school, museum with the library and the post office.
Arms and flag adopted on February 20, 2001 (resolution # XIX/160/01).
"Arms: a Spanish-style shield of three parts: on the upper field leaves of an oak tree with an acorn, all green on yellow background.
On the right field three wheat stalks, gold on green.
On the left field a silver fish turned to the right and, below, two wavy white ribbons, all on blue.
Flag: rectangular piece of cloth composed of three equal horizontal
On the middle, yellow band are the green leaves with the acorn taken from the upper part of the Arms of the commune."
Chrystian Kretowicz, 27 Nov 2008