This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Tuliszków district (Poland)

Turek county, Wielkopolskie voivodship

Last modified: 2011-04-30 by andrew weeks
Keywords: wolsztyn |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Tuliszków flag]
See also:

Tuliszków flag

Gmina Tuliszków is an urban-rural gmina (commune) in Turek County, Greater Poland Voivodship, in west-central Poland. Its seat is the town of Tuliszków, which lies approximately 16 kilometres (10 mi) north-west of Turek and 101 km (63 mi) east of the regional capital Poznań.
Area: 149.44 (57.7 sq.mi)
Population: 10,510 (2006)

First mentioned in 1362
City rights granted in 1458
Most famous native son was Knight Janusz of Tuliszków - Castellan of Kalisz, royal envoy to the Grand Master of the Teutonic Knights, close friend of King Władysław Jagiełło, participant of the Battle of Grunwald (Tannenberg), after which made the royal governor (starosta) of Gdańsk (Danzig). Later represented the King and Poland at the Council of Constance (1414-18) and was the royal envoy to Hungary and Austria.
  • 1793 - Tuliszków included in Prussian zone of partition of Poland
  • 1807 - included in Grand Duchy of Warsaw
  • 1815 - assigned to the Russian Congress Kingdom of Poland
In December 1939 the Nazis organized here the first Jewish ghetto in occupied Poland.

Original Arms adopted in 1994, changed on September 19, 2007 and changed again on July 24, 2008 (resolution # XVIII/130/08)

Flag: in present form adopted on July 24, 2008 (resolution # XVIII/130/08): rectangular piece of cloth in the ratio of 5:8 and red-orange (rudy) color with the Arms in its center

Colors in CMYK system:
White: C=0; M=0; Y=0; K=0
Red-orange (rudy): C=0; M=75; Y=85; K=0
Black: C=0; M=0; Y=0; K=100
Chrystian Kretowicz 28 Nov 2008

Tuliszków flag

[Tuliszków first flag]
The first flag adopted in September 2007 had the Arms with the three rhombus-like devices.

Tuliszków Coat of Arms

[Tuliszków coat of arms]

"Arms: on the white shield a red-orange (rudy) fox walking to the right."

Tuliszków former Coats of Arms

[Tuliszków former coat of arms]
The 2007 Arms had three black rhombus-like devices added. Supposedly, it was to represent jewels from Janusz of Toliszów CoA "Dryja", but the resemblance was vague and in 2008 the Council decided to remove it altogether.
[Tuliszków 1994 coat of arms]image from Wikipedia
The original (1994) Arms had a supporter in the image of Janusz of Tuliszków, but the Heraldic Commission didn't think much of that idea.