This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Yehud until 2003 (Israel)

Iriyat Yehud, Municipality of Yehud

Last modified: 2007-06-30 by dov gutterman
Keywords: yehud | iriyat yehud | text: hebrew (black) | panel (white) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

Note: Municipality of Yehud was united with Local Council Neve Ephrayim (Monosson) to become Municipality of Yehud-Monosson

[Municipality of Yahud (Israel)]
image by Dov Gutterman | 2:3

See also:


Yehud is situated in the centre of Israel, east to Tel Aviv and north to Ben-Gurion Int'l Airport. It was founded in 1948 (municipality since 16 November 1995) and got 21,000 inh. Its name came from the Bible (Joshua 19,45). The flag on the city hall is green with a black emblem on white rectangle, with inscription below. Its municipal emblem has not been formally adopted. Sources: this webpage, author's own observation, 19 September 2001.
Dov Gutterman
, 2 October 2001

According to the list of united or dissolved local authorities published in the official gazette (Rashumot), section Sefer HaHukim 1897, 5 August 2003, Municipality of Yehud and Local Council Newe Ephrayim (Monosson) are united into Municipality of Yehud-Monosson.
Dov Gutterman
, 20 December 2003