This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Nyarad (Veszprem County, Hungary)

Nyárád község

Last modified: 2014-04-18 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: veszprém | papa | nyarad | dove | poplar |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

image by Istvan Molnar, 10 July 2000

See also:


Nyárád is a village in Veszprém County in Hungary near to Pa'pa town (11 km) on the Little Hungarian Plains. The village has got 986 inhabitants (1990 census) all of them are Hungarians.
The flag and the Coat of Arms was accepted on 4th July 2000. The flag's colours: blue and yellow The Coat of Arms: In the blue field there is a flying dove (relates peace). In the red field there is a poplar (which relates to the name of the village: nyár means poplar) on green hills; and gold spikes (relate the agriculture).
The first mention of the village was in 1237. Roman Catholic Church (1772), Calvinist Church (1788-1790)
Istvan Molnar, 10 July 2000

Coat of Arms

image by Istvan Molnar, 10 July 2000