This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Nemesgorzsony (Veszprem, Hungary)

Nemesgörzsöny község

Last modified: 2014-04-18 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: veszprem | papa | nemesgorzsony | mill wheel | tapolca | marcal | darza | crown |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

image by István Molnár, 19 July 2000

See also:

Other sites:


Nemesgörzsöny is a village in Veszprém County in Hungary near to Town of Pápa (12 km to north) on the Little Hungarian Plains. The village has got 785 inhabitants (1990 census) all of them are Hungarians. The village is the union of Alsógörzsöny and Felsogörzsöny (1940). The first mention of the villages is from 1346 (GERSEN). All the settlers of the villages were members of the lower nobility ("Nemes" means noble). In the village there is a Romantic Calvinist Church (1883).
The flag was adopted in 26. 05. 2000. Ratio of the flag is 2:3 and ratio of the "labarum" is 5:2.
István Molnár, 19 July 2000

Vertical Flag

image by István Molnár, 19 July 2000

Coat of Arms

image by István Molnár, 19 July 2000

Symbolism of the Coat of Arms: In the rosette shield there is a picture of an old seal of Alsógörzsöny village. The gold mill-wheel  relates to the historical mills on the Tapolca brook. The stripes relate to the river Marcal (the larger stripe), the Darza brook and the dried Tapolca brook. The crown on the the top of the shield relates to the noble settlers of the village. The red colour relates to the past with bloody wars and conflagrations. The red-white-green colours under the crown relates to the Hungarian national colours. The Gothic style text "NEMESGORZSONY" relates to the first mention of the village.
István Molnár, 19 July 2000