This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Mihalyhaza (Veszprem, Hungary)

Mihályháza község

Last modified: 2014-04-17 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: veszprem | papa | mihalyhaza | water mill | wheat | scythe | reke | crown |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

by István Molnár, 12 November 2000

See also:


Mihályháza is a village in Veszprém County in Hungary near to Town of Pápa (14 km west) in the Little Hungarian Plains. The village has got 904 inhabitants (1990 census) nearly all of them are Hungarians. Neighbouring settlements are: Mezolak, Békás, Kemeneshögyész, Vinár, Nemesszalók, Nyirád villages and Pápa town. The territory of the village was inhabited in the Bronze Age. The first mention of the village is from 1488. (Mihályháza means Michael's House in English). All the settlers of the villages were members of the lower nobility. In 1910 Mihályháza was a village in the Pápa district of Veszprém County. Number of inhabitants in 1910: 1190; 1188 (99,8%) Hungarian and 2 others by mother tongue, 567 (47,6%) Calvinist, 422 (35,5 %) Lutheran 190 (16,0%) Roman Catholic and 11 (0,9%) other by religion.
The flag, the Coat of Arms and the seal were adopted in 2000. Ratio of the horizontal flag: 2:3, the Vertical Flag is 5:2.
István Molnár, 12 November 2000

Vertical Flag

by István Molnár, 12 November 2000

Coat of Arms

by István Molnár, 12 November 2000

Standing shield divided by three silver-green-silver wavy stripe relate to the Marcal River and the Bittva Brook. In the red field there is a gold water-mill with black meel-wheel relates to the famous water-mill of the settlement in the past. In the green field a gold ear of wheat, a gold scythe and a gold rake relate to the agriculture. The crown above the shield relates to the lower nobility.
István Molnár, 12 November 2000