This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Beb (Veszprem, Hungary)

Béb község, Wieb

Last modified: 2014-04-17 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: hungary | veszprem | papa | beb | cross | wieb |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

image by Istvan Molnar, 28 November 2000

See also:


Be'b (in German Wieb) is a village in Veszprém County in Hungary near to Town of Pápa (12 km east) in the Little Hungarian Plains. The village has got 239 inhabitants (1990 census), Hungarians and Germans. Neighbouring settlements are: Csót, Nagygyimót and Ugod villages. The first mention of the village is from 1260. The village was devastated in 1544. In 1741 the village wasresettled by Germans from Lotharingia. All the settlers of the villages were serf. landlord of the village was the Esterházy Family.   In 1910 Beb was a village in the Pápa district of Veszprém County. Number of inhabitants in 1910: 472; 437 (92,6%) German, 35 (7,4%) Hungarian by mother tongue, 469 (99,1%) Roman Catholic and 3 (0,9%)
other by religion. You can see a Baroque Roman Catholic church (1791)
The flag, the CoA and the seal were adopted in 2000. Ratio of the flag: 2:3. The silver crucifix relates to Roman Catholic settlers of the village.
István Molnár, 28 November 2000

Coat of Arms

image by István Molnár, 28 November 2000