This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Lovasbereny (Fejer, Hungary)

Lovasberény község

Last modified: 2014-04-18 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: fejer | lovasbereny |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

image by István Molnár, 5 February 2006

See also:


Flag and Coat of Arms of Lovasbereny village (Fejér county) are at <>.
István Molnár, 10 January 2006

Lovasberény is a village in Fejér county. The first mention of the village is from 1302 as 'LOWAZBEREN'. The village was devatated in the years of the Turkish wars (1526-1690). Resettled in 1637 with refugees  from Bikács (Tolna county, under turkish occupation). The new settlers was Calvinist by religion. Later, in the first decads of the 17th century Jews from Moravia and Roman Catholic Germans arrived. In the midle of 19th century more than 1200 Jews lived in the village. After the emantipation of the Jews, they left the settlement and migrated to the largest cities. In 1765 Lovasberény became market-town. In and around the village there was bloody fights from December 1944 to 20th March 1945. The village.was occupied by Soviet troops and reoccupied by German troops and so on...
2001 Population Census: 2692 inh. Ethnic affiliation: Hungarian: 95,4%; German: 0,4%; unknown, did not wish to answer: 4,6% Religion: Roman Catholic: 58,4%; Greek Catholic: 0,1%; Calvinist: 26,6%; Lutheran: 0,5%; belonging to other church/denomination: 1,8%; does not belong to any church/denomination: 5,7%; unknown, did not wish to answer: 7,0%.
Sources: <>, <>.
István Molnár, 5 February 2006

Coat of Arms

image resized from <>, located by István Molnár, 10 January 2006