This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Csokako (Fejer, Hungary)

Csókakõ község

Last modified: 2014-04-18 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: hungary | fejer | csokako |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

image by István Molnár, 4 March 2003

See also:


Csókako is a village in Fejér county in Hungary 6 kilometres from the town of Mór and 20 kilometres from Székesfehérvár at the Western edge of the Vértes Mountains. The village has got 1045 inhabitants (2001 census), nearly all of them are Hungarian. Neighbouring settlements are: Bodajk, Söréd, Csákberény villages and Mór town. The settlement had got its name about Castle of Csókako [Daw's Rock]. The first mention of the castle is from 1299. The castle and the village - as a part of the Csókako tenure - was ruled by the Csák Clan till 1320s. In 1320 it became royal castle and tenure. Later King Sigismund gave it to the Rozgonyi Family. The castle and the tenure (nearly quarter of Fejér county) posessed the Kanizsay Family from 1508, later it posessed the Nádasdy family (Great Hungarian aristocrat families). The castle and the country around was occupied by the Turkish Army in 1543 and the settlement was devastated. In 1601 the Habsburg Army defeated the Turks under the walls of Csókako but the Castle was under Turkish rule till 1686. Csókako was resettled in 1750s. In 1910 Csókako was a village in the Mór district of Fejér County. Number of its inhabitants in 1910: 738; 713 (96,6%) Hungarian, 16 (2,2%) Hungarian and 9 (1,2%) other by mother tongue, 728 (98,6%) Roman Catholic, 5-5 (0,8-0,8%) Jew and Calvinist by religion.
Symbolism of the Coat of Arms: The Coat of Arms of the village is a standing triangular shield. In the blue field on a green hills there is a silver castle - relates to Castle of Csókako and the Vértes Mountain. In the blue field there are two red shields. In the left shield there is a silver daw related to the name of the castle. In the right red shield there is a gold bunch of grapes related to the famous wine culture of the Mór Wine District. The flag of the village is blue-white-blue (1:2:1) on the center of the flag there is the Coat of Arms. The ratio of the flag is 1:2.
Sources: Photo taken by me in the Mayor's Office of the municipality, Coat of Arms and historical data from <>, <>, <>, <> and <>.
István Molnár, 4 March 2003