Last modified: 2012-08-01 by ivan sache
Keywords: cotes-d'armor | treguier | cross (black) | dragon (red) | trebeurden | ermine (blue) | leguer | ermine (black) | anchor (black) | fish (black) | val-andre (le) | cross: saltire (white) | saint-cast | plouer | star (red) | cross (w |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Burgee of APL - Image by Ivan Sache, 12 July 2003
Amicale des Plaisanciers du Leguer (APL) has its social seat
at Lannion, a town built at the inner end of the large estuary of the
river Leguer. The yacht club is located in the small port of
Beg-Hent, on the right bank of the Leguer estuary, five kilometers
downstream the center of Lannion.
The burgee of APL, as shown graphically on the APL website, is yellow with a black border, a black anchor and a fish, a black ermine spot and the letters "APL" placed vertically along the hoist.
Ivan Sache, 12 July 2003
Burgee of ANL - Image by Ivan Sache, 12 May 2012
The Légué Port is located in the estuary of river Gouêt, which separates the towns of Saint-Brieuc and Plérin. The port is managed by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Côtes-d'Armor on behalf of its owner, the General Council of Côtes-d'Armor. The port includes a marina (250 moorings and 150 spaces on land), a port of commerce for coastal shipping (up to 5,000 tons), and a ship repairing workshop.
The non-professional users of the port have established the
Association Nautique du Légué (ANL) to defend their interests.
The burgee of ANL is blue with an emblem featuring a windrose and a stylized sailboat, and the yellow letters "ANL".
Ivan Sache, 12 May 2012
Flag of Avirons d'Armor - Image by Ivan Sache, 17 December 2004
The rowing club Aviron Club d'Armor aka Les Avirons d'Armor has two bases, one in Plédéliac for river rowing and
one in Pléneuf-Val André for sea rowing.
The flag of Aviron Club d'Armor, as shown graphically on the club's website, is horizontally divided blue-red with a yellow triangle placed along the fly.
Ivan Sache, 17 December 2004
Burgee of CNT - Image by Ivan Sache & Mikael Bodlore-Penlaez, 31 March 2001
According to Ar Banniel [arb] #10 (Winter 1999), the burgee of Centre Nautique de Tréguier, designed by Christian Le Berre, port instructor in Tréguier, and Hervé Elies, from the Marina Sports company, is made of the traditional Kroaz-Du (black cross on a white field) with a yellow canton, St. Ivo's colour charged with St. Tudwal's red dragon, which also appears on the flag of Tregor
Ivan Sache, 31 March 2001
Burgee of CNPR - Image by Ivan Sache, 3 January 2010
Club Nautique de Plouër et de la Rance (CNPR) is based at Plouër, a small town located 15 km north of Dinan. River Rance (102 km) has its estuary, separating Dinard and Saint-Malo,"locked" by the Rance Tidal Power Plant (Usine marémotrice de la Rance), inaugurated in 1966.
The burgee of CNPR, as shown graphically on the club's website, is red
with a white cross, the municipal arms of Plouër in canton and the
letters "C.N.P.R." and a star, all red, on the horizontal arms of the
The arms of Plouër, as shown on the municipal website, are "Quarterly, 1. and 4. Gules six roses or placed 3+2+1, 2. and 3. Argent a saltire gules cantoned by four billets of the same."
"Gules six roses or" are the arms of the Plouër family; they are shown as the arms of Roland, lord of Plouër (#55, "Ruellan sire de Ploer") in the Roll of Arms of the Second Treaty of Guérande (1381), published by Michel Pastoureau in Bulletin de la Société Archéologique du Finistère in 1976.
Ivan Sache, 3 January 2010
Flag of YCSC - Image by Ivan Sache, 4 November 2009
The municipaiity of Saint-Cast-le-Guildo (3,394 inhabitants in 2006;
2,263 ha) is located on the Emerald Coast (North Brittany), 30 km west
of Saint-Malo. The municipality was formed on 1 January 1972 by the merging of the two municipalities of Notre-Dame-du-Guildo and Saint-
On 11 September 1758, the French troops and Breton volunteers commanded by Duke d'Aiguillon defeated on the beach of Saint-Cast the British troops attempting to reembark after a failed raid against Saint-Malo.
Yacht Club de Saint-Cast (YCSC) was founded in 1948, its yachting
school being the first incorporated in France.
The flag of YCSC is shown graphically on the club's website as horizontally divided blue-white-blue-white-blue, 3:1:1:1:3. A photo shown on the front page of the club's website seems to confirm the design. There is probably a triangular burgee matching the flag.
Ivan Sache, 4 November 2009
Flag and burgee of YCT - Images by Ivan Sache, 19 December 2009
hHe municipality and sea resort of Trébeurden (3,733 inhabitants in 2006; 1,340 ha) is located on the Côte de Granit Rose (Pink Granit Coast). Although located on the northern shore of Brittany, Trebeurden has sand beaches exposed to the South, with water temperature usually a bit warmer than elsewhere in the neighborhood.
Yacht-Club de Trébeurden (YCT), founded on 30 August 1956, is the organizer of the Trégor Cup and the Trégor Classique, two races involving yacht clubs of North Brittany. Current membership of YCT is c. 50.
The flag of YCT, as shown on the YCT website, is diagonally
divided white over dark blue, with a dark blue ermine spot in canton.
The burgee of YCT, part of the club's badge, is a triangular version of the flag.
Ivan Sache, 19 December 2009
Flag of YCVA - Image by Ivan Sache, 23 July 2006
The municipality of Pléneuf-Val-André (3,965 inhabitants in 2006; 1,707 ha) is located 20 km east of Saint-Brieuc. Originally known as Plou Nevez ("The New Settlement), the village was probably settled in the 5th century on the site of a former Roman camp.
The sea resort of Val-André was created in 1880 by Charles Cottard, a collaborator of Ferdinand de Lesseps, the builder of the Canal of Suez. This wide, low valley ending in a large sand beach was then known as Val en Dret. Within a few years, a promenade, villas and hotels were built and the new resort merged with Pléneuf.
The port of Dahouët emerged in the beginning of the 15th century as a place from which grain and cider produced in the hinterland were shipped. The masons and carpentars of the village were also famous. The port developed in the 19th century with the Grande Pêche in Newfoundland; quays were built in 1822 only.
Yacht Club du Val-André (YCVA), based in the port of Dahouët, organizes the race Trois jours d'Armor
The burgee of YCVA, as shown graphically on the YCVA website, is quartered red-blue by a white saltire. It might have been inspired by the municipal arms of Pléneuf-Val-André, shown on the municipal website as: De gueules fretté argent au chef de sable au léopard d'argent accompagné de sept coquilles du même ordonnées 4 et 3 ("Gules fretty argent a chief sable a lion passant guardant between in chief four and in base three escallops fesswise argent"). Both Brian Timms and GASO give the coat of arms as "Per fess sable a lion... gules fretty argent".
Ivan Sache, 23 July 2006