This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Lomoviejo (Municipality, Castilla y León, Spain)

Last modified: 2015-01-06 by ivan sache
Keywords: lomoviejo | valladolid |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



See also:


Presentation of Lomoviejo

The municipality of Lomoviejo (216 inhabitants in 2009; 2,768 ha) is located in the south of the Valladolid Province, on the border with the Ávila Province, 75 km from Valladolid.BR> Lomoviejo was listed in 1250 as a parish depending on the Bishopric of Ávila and of the Community of the Town and Land of Arévalo. In 1655, the village was transferred, together with the neighboring villages of Cervillego and Rubí de Bracamonte, to Luis Rubí de Bracamonte, Marquis of Fuente del Sol.

Ivan Sache, 18 December 2010


Symbols of Lomoviejo

The flag of Lomoviejo is prescribed by a Decree adopted on 30 December 2004 by the Municipal Council, signed on 1 March 2005 by the Mayor, and published on 8 March 2005 in the official gazette of Castilla y León, No. 46, p. 4,262 (text).
The flag is described as follows:

Flag: Rectangular flag with proportions 2:3, made of a white panel with the municipal coat of arms in the middle.

The coat of arms of Lomoviejo is prescribed by a Decree adopted on 30 September 2002 by the Municipal Council, signed on 7 November 2002 by the Mayor, and published on 19 November 2002 in the official gazette of Castilla y León, No. 224, pp. 15,277-15,278 (text).
The coat of arms is described as follows:

Coat of arms: Azure a fountain argent cantonned with a wheat spike or in point a fess wavy argent. The shield surmounted by a Royal crown closed.

Ivan Sache, 18 December 2010