This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Fuenterrebollo (Municipality, Castilla y León, Spain)

Last modified: 2015-01-04 by ivan sache
Keywords: fuenterrebollo |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors


Flag of Fuenterrebollo - Image by Alfonso Muñoz (Wikimedia Commons), 25 January 2014

See also:

Presentation of Fuenterrebollo

The municipality of Fuenterrebollo (370 inhabitants in 2012; 3,591 ha; unofficial website) is located in the north center of Segovia Province, 4 km from Cantalejo and 60 km from Segovia.

Fuenterrebollo, originally known as Fuente Rebollo (The Oak's Fountain), was re-settled in the late 11th-early 12th century The village belonged to the Community of the Town and Land of Sepúlveda, established in 1076 by King Alfonso VI through the Sepúlveda charter.

Ivan Sache, 25 January 2014

Symbols of Fuenterrebollo

The flag and arms of Fuenterrebollo (municipal website) are prescribed by a Decree adopted on 23 September 1998 by the Municipal Council, signed the same day by the Mayor, and published on 5 October 1998 in the official gazette of Castilla y León, No. 191 (text).
The symbols are described as follows:

Flag: Quadrangular, in proportions 1:1, horizontally divideed green- blue, with the municipal coat of arms, in full colours, in the middle.
Coat of arms: Per fess, 1. Or an oak [rebollo] proper over waves azure and argent, 2. Gules a castle or masoned sable port and windows azure surrounded by two keys argent. The shield surrounded by the Royal Spanish Crown.

Ivan Sache, 25 January 2014