This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

City of Salas Bajas (Aragon, Spain)

Huesca Province

Last modified: 2010-03-20 by eugene ipavec
Keywords: aragon | huesca | salas bajas | distaffs: 2 (yellow) | chequy (white-blue) | olive branch | olives: 3 (yellow) | grapes (yellow) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

See also:


The municipality of Salas Bajas (144 inhabitants in 2007; 1,293 ha) is located in the Province of Huesca, 60 km from the provincial capital. A place named Salas was mentioned on a document dated 1095. Villages named Salas de Suzo and Salas de Yuso were mentioned in 1295. Salas Bajas appeared in the written history in 1349, when King Pedro IV confiscated the village from Arnaldo de Azlor and granted it to Jimeno de Aibar. In 1465, the village was transferred to the Palafox family, which kept it for the next centuries.

Source: Municipal website

Ivan Sache, 15 Apr 2009


"Radio Huesca" announced on 14 April 2009 the adoption of the flag and arms of Salas Bajas by the Council of Government of Aragón. The flag of Salas Bajas is in proportions 2:3, green, with three wavy stripes chequy white and blue; between the upper and central stripes are placed at hoist a branch of olive with three yellow fruits and at fly a yellow grape with two leaves; between the central and lower stripes are placed two yellow distaffs crossed per saltire.

Source: "Radio Huesca," 14 Apr 2009

Ivan Sache, 15 Apr 2009

Coat of Arms

The coat of arms of Salas Bajas, after which the flag was designed, is "Vert a fess chequy argent and azure 4 x 1, in dexter canton a branch of olive fruite of three all or, in sinister canton a grape or leaved of two, in base two staffits or crossed per saltire. The shield surmounted by a Royal open crown."

Source: "Radio Huesca," 14 Apr 2009

Ivan Sache, 15 Apr 2009