Last modified: 2014-12-27 by ivan sache
Keywords: villanueva de gómez | ávila |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The municipality of Villanueva de Gómez (143 inhabitants in 2005; 2,100 ha) is located 30 km north of Ávila. The population of the village remained stable during the first half of the 20th century (594 in 1960 vs. 692 in 1900), then dramatically dropped (436 in 1970, 242 in 1991).
Ivan Sache, 28 January 2009
The flag and arms of Villanueva de Gómez are prescribed by a Decree adopted on 3 April 2008 by the Municipal Council, with "legal absolute majority", signed on 22 December 2008 by the Mayor, and published on 14 January 2009 in the official gazette of Castilla y León, No. 8, p. 1,027 (text).
The symbols are described as follows:
Flag: Flag in proportions 2:3, tierced at hoist. In the center of the green (or vert) fly part, the coat of arms of the Dávila family (yellow or or, six bezants blue or azure 2 + 2 + 2), accosted a sword white or argent. The blue or azure hoist part charged with a pair of white (or argent) scissors surrounded by two yellow (or or) loom weights per pale.
Coat of arms: Shield of Spanish shape. Vert, an arm armed or holding a sword argent, an escutcheon of the arms of Dávila de San Román y Villanueva ([same as above]), a chief azure a pair of scissors argent two weights or. The shield surmounted by the Royal Spanish crown.
Ivan Sache, 22 October 2010