This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Deutsche Reichsbahn Ferries (East Germany

East German Railways 1950-1989

Last modified: 2014-06-28 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: deutsche reichsbahn |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Deutsche Reichsbahn Ferries 1950-1989 (East Germany)] image by Volker Moerbitz Keith, 7 Feb 2001

See also:

Deutsche Reichsbahn Ferries

The East German railway company (Deutsche Reichsbahn Ferries) operated about ten ferries, connecting Rostock and Sassnitz with ports in Sweden and Denmark.
Flag: a white flag with the letters DR and the symbol of East German Railways - a blue/golden wheel with a wing - in center.
Volker Moerbitz Keith, 7 Feb 2001

Deutsche Reichsbahn Ferries (1959-1960)

[Deutsche Reichsbahn Ferries (1959-1960)] image by Eugene Ipavec, 11 Jan 2010

This GDR shipping page shows two further flags (about halfway, under “Eisenbahn - Trajekt - Fährschiffe der Deutschen Reichsbahn”):
First house flag, captioned “1959-1960 (only MS-Sassnitz)”, white field twice horizontally edged blue-white-blue, in the hoist a blue disk (fimbriated yellow) bearing yellow initials “DR” (serifed) with a NRY tricolour “wing” extending into the fly.  This tricolour has the shape of a parallelogram but the stripes do not actually touch.
Second house flag, captioned “from 1960 on, for all Reichsbahn ferries”: the tricolour has been replaced by three yellow stripes within, and separated by, grey holding lines.
‘Sassnitz’ refers to this East German ship.
Jan Mertens, 26 Dec 2009

Deutsche Reichsbahn Ferries (from 1960 on)

[Deutsche Reichsbahn Ferries (from 1960 on)] image by Eugene Ipavec, 11 Jan 2010