Last modified: 2012-08-03 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: halver | linden tree | bench(white) | fess(chequy) | markian chequered bar |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Halver was elevated from commune to town status in 1969 and continued to use its old arms, granted to the commune in 1935. The tree and table symbolise the former high court seated in Halver. Both a flag and a banner are in use, red-white with the arms in the centre. Source: Hostert 1979.
Stefan Schwoon, 29 June 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted in 1935 and show in the lower part the arms of the Counts of the Mark, who ruled the area in the Middle Ages. The linden tree and the stone 'justice bench' are a symbol for the foundation of a local court in Halver in 1243. The court played a major role in the disputes between the Knights of Toerring and Duke Heinrich of Bayern-Landshut in 1430.
Source: Stadler 1972, p.48
by Stefan Schwoon
Coat-of-arms adopted 1935
back to Märkisch cities and municipalities click here