This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Municipality of Uedem (Germany)

Gemeinde Uedem, Kreis Kleve, Northrhine-Westphalia

Last modified: 2012-09-05 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: uedem | castle | inescutcheon | escarbuncle | portcullis |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Uedem flag] 3:5  image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 28 Jul 2011
approved 30 November 1971 See also:

Current Flag

Description of current flag:
The flag's ratio is 3:5. It is a red - white - red vertical triband with ratio 1:3:1. The coat of arms is in the white stripe.
Source: 2(4) of Hauptsatzung of the municipality of Uedem , version 28 December 1995
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 28 Jul 2011

Banner

[Uedem banner] image by Klaus-Michael Schneider, 28 Jul 2011

Description of banner:
It is a red - white - red vertical triband with ratio 1:3:1. The coat of arms is in the white stripe.
Source: 2(4) of Hauptsatzung of the municipality of Uedem , version 28 December 1995
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 28 Jul 2011

Coat of Arms

Description of coat of arms:
In a red shield is a silver (=white) casle having three towers. All are topped by golden balls. The roof aof the bigger central tower is shaped like a trapezium, the others like triangles. The catle has an embattled wall masoned black. The central tower is superipmosed by a shield placed bendily and and topped by a golden helmet (which is mearly invisible) crested by a red bull's head. The shield is red with a white inescutcheon topped by a golden escarbuncle having eight beams. In the open gate is a golden portcullis.
Meaning:
According to source the arms are based upon the image of the main seal, which had been approved by count Johann of Kleve, when Uedem gained city rights in 1359. Its existence can be proven since 1369. The crested shield is symbolizing the dukes of Kleve, the former rulers.
Source: Stadler 1972, p.93
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 28 Jul 2011

Flag, banner and coat of arms were approved by Regierungspräsident Düsseldorf on 30 November 1971.


back to Kleve cities and municipalities click here.