This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Municipality of Aldenhoven (Germany)

Gemeinde Aldenhoven, Kreis Düren, Northrhine-Westphalia

Last modified: 2012-10-08 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: aldenhoven | armorial | cross(greek) | fleur de lis | star(6-point) | wreath |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




[Aldenhoven banner]   image by Falko Schmidt and Klaus-Michael Schneider, 27 Aug 2011
approved 8 February 1973 See also:

Banner

Description of banner:
It is an armorial banner.
Source: Source: 2(2) of Hauptsatzung of the municipality of Aldenhoven, version 9 December 1999, update 21 December 2007
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 27 Aug 2011

Coat of arms

Description of coat of arms:
The shield is divided per fess. Above in a golden (= yellow) field is a celestial blue fleur de lis. Below in a black field is a golden (= yellow) Greek cross surroundd by a silver (=white) wreath of laurel.
Meaning:
According to source the new coat of arms combines the fleur de lis from the old coat of arms with the wreath representing former municipality of Siersdorf and the cross representing former municipality of Freialdenhoven.
Sources: 2(1) of Hauptsatzung of the municipality of Aldenhoven, version 9 December 1999, update 21 December 2007 and
Ralf Hartemink's webpage
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 27 Aug 2011

Banner and coat of arms were approved by Regierungspräsident Köln on 8 February 1973.

Former Flag (1956(?) - 1973)

[Aldenhoven former flag] 3:5 image by Falko Schmidt, 27 Aug 2011

Description of former flag:
The flag's ratio is 3:5. It is a celestial blue over yellow horizontal bicolour. The former coat of arms is in the centre of the flag.
Source: Stefan Schwoon's database
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 27 Aug 2011

Former Coat of Arms

Description of former coat of arms:
In a celestial blue shield are three silver (= white) fleur de lis in a triangular formation ordered two ver one. Three golden (= yellow) 6-point stars are placed one upon each chief point of the shield.
Meaning:
According to source the old arms were officially approved in 1956 and are based upon the oldest known seal of the town, dating from the early 14th century. The seal showed the lion of the duchy of Jülich, placed on a shield and flanked by a star and a fleur-de-lis on both sides of the shield. On a newer seal, dated from 1543 the stars and the fleur-the-lis are placed onto the shield itself. They are probably symbols of the adoration of St. Mary by the locals.
Source: Ralf Hartemink's webpage
Klaus-Michael Schneider, 27 Aug 2011


back to Düren cities and municipalities click here.