Last modified: 2010-11-06 by jarig bakker
Keywords: landkreis friedberg | friedberg county | coat of arms (lozengy: white-blue) | coat of arms (eagle: black) | coat of arms (cross: yellow) | coat of arms (cross: formy) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Stefan Schwoon
Flag and coat-of-arms adopted 3rd October 1963, abolished 30th June 1972
Yellow-blue, 03.10.1963. During the 1972 municipal reform, this county was merged with Aichach county (of Oberbayern district) to form the new county Aichach-Friedberg. Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964-1972.
Stefan Schwoon, 23 August 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted on October 3rd, 1963. The background of the arms is the arms of Bavaria, as the main part of the county was part of Bavaria. Until 1268 part of the area was part of a imperial estate in Lechrain. In the estate armies on their way to Italy assembled. The imperial eagle symbolises this imperial estate. The cross is a reminder of the large possessions of the bishops of Augsburg in the area.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1972.
Santiago Dotor, 31 July 2003