This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

City of Weiden (Oberpfalz District, Bavaria, Germany)

Stadt Weiden

Last modified: 2012-03-31 by german editorial team
Keywords: bavaria | weiden |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

See also:


According to Stadler 1964-1971, the colours of the city are green and red.

Stefan Schwoon, 7 March 2001

Editor's note: read the explanation about Stadler 1964-1971 in introduction to German civic flags.

Colours from the bottom quartering of the arms, a green willow tree on red. From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:

The arms were officially granted in 1510 from Prince Ludwig of the Palatinate. Previously the city only used a seal with the canting willow (Weide). The new arms combined the tree with the lion of the Palatinate, and the lozenges of the Wittelsbach dynasty, Princes of the Palatinate. All later seals and arms show the same composition, the colours of the lower half, however, were often shown as green in silver.

Literature: Stadler 1964-1971.

Santiago Dotor, 31 January 2002