Last modified: 2011-04-08 by jarig bakker
Keywords: chocen | st wenceslas | wenceslas | angels |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Choceň is a town in Ústi nad Orlicí district. There are two Coat of Armss on
page, and a description of the flag:
" On June 20, 2000, the Chairman of the Chamber of Deputies of the Parliament of the Czech Republic awarded to the town Choceň a coat-of-arms and a flag as follows:
Saint Wenceslas on red field with a shield in the right hand and a pennant in the left hand accompanied with two soaring angels in yellow robes.
A red field with Saint Wenceslas with a shield in the right hand and a pennant in the left hand accompanied with two soaring angels in yellow robes, the ration of the width to the length of the leaf is 2 : 3."
The first mention of Choceň comes from 1227. In the testament of Kojata,
the son of Hrabis, a valet of Czech prince, the local land was hand over
to new owners, brothers Sezima and Milota, called Hocen. We derive the
name of the town - Choceň - from this record. The city has now 8.476 inhabitants,
c. 150 km east of Prague.
Jarig Bakker, 11 Sep 2001