This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Dolní Benešov (Czech Republic)

Opava okres, Moravia-Silesia region

Last modified: 2012-03-31 by andrew weeks
Keywords: dolni benesov | pike | dace |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

See also:

Dolní Benešov flag

[Dolní Benesov flag] by Blas Delgado Ortiz, 13 Mar 2002, after image by Petr Exner. Flag adopted 1996.

Number of inhabitants by 31.12. 2000: 4396. The village of Dolní Benešov was founded before 1300 by knights of Benešovic. In the 14th century the village flourished much and in 1493 the village became market  town based on Charter issued by King Vladislav II. The town was given its municipal shield, green-wax sealing right, brewing right and right to organise fairs and markets. The shield of Dolní Benešov shows a pike eating a dace on the red background. The shield has linkage to then rich ponds situated near by Dolní  Benešov. Tradition of ponds is still visible. By 1 February 1996 Dolní Benešov was re- awarded statute of town by Decree issued by Parliament.
Source: this website.
Jarig Bakker, 14 May 2002

Dolní Benešov coat of arms

[Dolní Benesov coat of arms] image from this webpage, located by Jarig Bakker, 13 Mar 2002