This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Kelčany (Czech Republic)

Hodonín okres, South Moravian region

Last modified: 2011-04-08 by andrew weeks
Keywords: dolni bojanovice |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Kelčany flag] by Jarig Bakker, 22 Jan 2004
adopted 15 Dec 1998 See also:

Kelčany municipality flag

Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapori obcí ČR (1998) - Kelčany, Hodonin district, South Moravian region - adopted 15 Dec 1998.
211 inhabitants. The village of Kelčany originated in the 12th century at the place of Old Kelčany under a castle built on the Babylon hill. There is more than a hundred year-long tradition of sugar-refinery, pond culture and brown coal mines - St. Barbora mine from 1859 and Prokop from 1945. An Our Lady's Visitation Chapel built in 1817 can be found at the village green. A preserved tradition is a Kelčany High-Day celebrated on July 2 dedicated to the Virgin and connected with a pilgrimage. At present the village is well-known as a seat of famous brass band Moravanka whose band-master Jan Slabák is a Kelčany native. Info from this site.
Jarig Bakker, 22 Jan 2004

Kelčany Coat of Arms

[Kelčany Coat of Arms] from this site.