Last modified: 2011-03-18 by andrew weeks
Keywords: dolni dvoriste |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Town History :
The first written mention of the town is from 1279. It was established by the lords of Rosenberg in the 13th century, but in 1380 it already appears as a small township with its own seal. After the Rosenbergs died out, the town passed into the ownership of the lords of Švamberk, from whom it was seized in 1620 due to a revolt and given to Karel Bonaventura Buquoy.
Tales and legends :
When the Virgin Mary was wandering through the town, she stepped up onto a large stone to look around. The stone broke and formed a crack which has been growing wider ever since. When the fissure becomes wide enough for a loaded vehicle to pass through, it will be the end of the world.
Source: this site.
Jarig Bakker, 12 Jul 2005
on a blue shield is a five-posted silver pallisade weaved with horizontal sticks. Behind the pallisade, two rotund silver two-storeyed towers stand out with a cornice between both storeys. The towers culminate with a five-shadowed battlement and a pointed red roof with gold poppies. Between the towers is a red five-petaled rose with a golden center and green calixtine leaves.