Last modified: 2012-08-09 by rob raeside
Keywords: fort st. james | british columbia |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The flag of the District of Fort St. James, British Columbia, consists of the
district logo on a white background. The logo shows a white bird silhouette
against a semi-circle half-orange half-green form, and two blue waves as a river
(?). Below "FORT ST. JAMES (in capital letters) DISTRICT (in small letters)".
Image of the flag thanks to Kevin Crook, Deputy Administrator.
About the district:
"Fort St. James is a town and former fur trading post in north-central British Columbia, Canada. It is located on the south-eastern shore of Stuart Lake in the Omineca Country, at the northern terminus of Highway 27, which connects to Highway 16 at Vanderhoof. Founded by the North West Company explorer and fur trader Simon Fraser in 1806, it came under the management of the Hudson's Bay Company in 1821 with the forced merger of the two battling fur companies. Also known historically as Stuart Lake Post, it is one of British Columbia's oldest permanent European settlements and was the administrative centre for the Hudson's Bay Company's New Caledonia fur district. The fort, rebuilt four times, continued as an important trading post right into the twentieth century. Now the fort is a National Historic Site with some buildings dating to the 1880s. The community celebrated its bicentennial in 2006 and is incorporated as a district municipality." - from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_St._James,_British_Columbia
Official website: http://www.stuartnechako.ca/fort-st-james
Valentin Poposki, 21 January 2010