This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Florestópolis, Paraná (Brazil)

Last modified: 2012-03-03 by ian macdonald
Keywords: parana | florestópolis |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Flag of Florestopolis, PR (Brazil)] image by Dirk Schönberger, 22 July 2011
See also:

About the Flag

A red saltire bordered white on a green flag, with the municipal arms centred on a white disk.

Official website at
Dirk Schönberger, 22 July 2011

The municipality of Florestópolis (11,220 inhabitants in 2010; 246 sq. km) is located in north central Paraná. The municipality was established by State Law No. 790 of 14 November 1941, seceding from the municipality of Porecatu, and inaugurated on 14 December 1952. Data on the prior establishment of the district of Florestópolis within Porecatu are not available. The districts of Miraselva and Prado Ferreira, established by State Law No. 3,527 of 16 January 1958, seceded from Florestópolis to form the new municipality of Miraselva, established by State Law No. 4,245 of 15 July 1960.

The symbols of Florestópolis were designed by Arcinoê Antonio Peixoto de Faria [the designer's name is given as "//////////////////////////", but he is, undoubtedly, Peixoto - or someone who plagiarized his specific style]. Green is the color of the forest ("floresta"), also a symbol of enthusiasm, courage and fighting spirit. The scroll beneath the coat of arms is inscribed with "14/11/1951", the date of establishment of the municipality.

Ivan Sache, 17 February 2012