Last modified: 2012-03-02 by ian macdonald
Keywords: parana | mandaguaçu |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image located by Ivan Sache, 23
A blue flag with an off-centered red-fimbriated white cross, at the intersection of the arms a white disk bearing the coat of arms.
The municipality of Mandaguaçu (19,784 inhabitants in 2010; 294 sq. km)
is located in north central Paraná, 450 km of Curitiba. The municipality was
established by State Law No. 790 of 14 November 1951, seceding from
Mandaguari, and inaugurated on 14 December 1952.
The symbols of Mandaguaçu were, most probably, designed by Arcinoê Antonio Peixoto de Faria, or following his principles.
On the flag, the cross represents the Christian faith. The coat of arms represents the municipal government, placed on a white disk representing the seat of the municipality. The stripes represent the municipal power spreading over the whole municipal territory. The blue quarters represent the rural estates present on the municipal territory. Red symbolizes commitment, patriotic love, audacity, intrepidness and courage. Blue symbolizes justice, nobleness, perseverance, loyalty, recreation and beauty.
http://www.mandaguacu.pr.gov.br/?acao=Bandeira - Municipal website
The shield is surmounted with an eight-towered mural crown, the symbol of a "cidade", port gules. The bee hive is a symbol of efficient work. Or (gold) symbolizes glory, greatness, richness, splendor and sovereignty. The shield is flanked by coffee branches representing the main products of the fertile soil and the base of the municipal income.
The arms are canting, Mandaguaçu meaning "The Big Bee" in Tupi-Guarani.
http://www.mandaguacu.pr.gov.br/?acao=Brasao - Municipal website
Ivan Sache, 23 February 2012